I’m a former television producer (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation), with over 20 years of journalism experience. Writing, editing, and creating audience responsive content has become my sixth sense. And opting to transition into the world of digital online media was one of the best decisions I have ever made.
As a content manager, writer, editor, or blogger, my research, writing, editing and interviewing skills are invaluable. The medium might be different, but the message remains the same: whether through Public Relations, Communications (internal or external), Social Media, or via your Corporate Website, I can get relevant, interesting, and thought provoking content out to the masses. Create a buzz. And get people talking.
To end, I’m a bit of a Devil’s Advocate, I don’t do ‘office politics’, and I don’t do windows.
OBJECTIVE: Create compelling, market specific and audience responsive content through a unique mix of content management/development experience paired with sound journalistic and television production training. Skilled story teller, writer/editor, researcher and interviewer.
Arment Dietrich/Spin Sucks/Spin Sucks Pro: Director of Content – Current
Jugnoo: Chief Content Officer 03/2012 – 08/2012
- Oversaw all in house business collateral and digital editorial, including final proofread and copyedit. Includes: blog posts, E-Books, presentations, press releases, publicity, video scripts and web copy.
- Planned and developed strategic corporate content and editorial calendar, increasing productivity and publishing levels, resulting in improved visibility and sharing of Jugnoo corporate content throughout the technology industry.
- Managed a team of contributing writers and built key relationships with industry thought leaders and corporate executives. Recruited and collaborated with same to achieve high profile guest publishing opportunities.
- Though based in marketing, role required tactful and diplomatic interaction with all company departments, and every level of staff.
Ontario Media Development Group: Social Media Consultant/Community Manager 01/2012 to 03/2012
- Manage and promote OMDC’s social media content through created and curated content sharing and increased community engagement
- Elevate OMDC’s profile – and level of influence on – Ontario’s creative sectors using social media channels
- Provide statistics and insights for the communications team
Radian6 Social Media Monitoring – Senior Community Content Manager 01/2011 – 08/2011
- Oversaw all digital editorial, including final proofread and copyedit for all Radian6 Social Strategy and Platform blog posts and publications
- Developed strategic corporate content and editorial calendar, increasing productivity and publishing levels, resulting in improved visibility and sharing of corporate content throughout the technology industry. Exceeded department performance indicators for the quarter
- Researched and wrote feature length, content rich blog posts, interviews and EBooks, ensuring consistent company voice. Also guest wrote for other industry related sites
- Managed a 3 member team of contributing writers and built key relationships with industry thought leaders and corporate executives. Recruited and collaborated with same to achieve high profile guest publishing opportunities
- Winner – Top 10 Corporate Blog Awards, 2011. Top 10 chosen from a field of 150 North American corporate blogs. The goal of the awards was to find the best-of-the-best examples of businesses using blogging for real results
CBC’s The Hour – Promotions Producer/Writer
- Write and produce daily and weekly on-line and on-air promotional content for The Hour
- Direct voice over talent and collaborate with graphic designers and editors to ensure adherence to brand specific messaging
- Write and produce promotional sales-reels for The Hour for New York and L.A. agents and producers.
- Write and produce sales reels for CBC Sales and Marketing to drive increased advertising revenue to the program
- Write and produce Gemini Awards submission pieces
- Maintain and enhance brand specific messaging
- Nurture business relationships and work collaboratively with CBC Marketing and Communications department and CBC Sales and Marketing departments
- Extremely deadline driven work with quick turnaround and last minute changes daily
- Also, wrote, produced and re-edited one hour repeat programming for The Hour
CBC Television – 1990 – 2010
- >Play – Producer/Writer
- On The Arts – Associate Producer/Producer
- Children’s TV – Development Associate
- TV Casting – Associate Casting Director
David Jones, Vice-President, Social Strategy, O° Proximity (Contact for reference)
Olivia Landolt, Marketing and Community Manager, Radian6, a salesforce.com company
“Lindsay impresses with her ability to research and write well thought out, engaging and valuable content. While we worked together she led on all Radian6 Community content and provided guidance to the team. Lindsay has a unique ability to guide without dictating and always provided me with a listening ear to bounce ideas off of and ‘sense check’ my posts. Moreover, through her superior editorial skills and attention to detail Lindsay helped ensure that we produced quality content in a consistent and timely manner and above all she approaches even stressful tasks with a good sense of humour and a positive can-do attitude.”
Patti Graham Radian6 Agency Strategist, Chair of Sponsorship, Past Chair of the Board, Harvest jazz & Blues Festival
“You are hard pressed to find people with the kind of mind that Lindsay has. Lindsay is sharp, pragmatic, quick and professional. She writes beautifully, pays attention to details, and has an uncanny ability to always have her finger on current trends and cultural sentiment. She asks great questions and knows how to dig deep to get at the root on any issue. I highly recommend Lindsay.”
Yasir Khan Senior Video Journalist – CBC News: The Hour, CBC Television, currently with Al Jazeera
“Making friends with Lindsay on her first day at work was effortless – she is smart, positive, super aware, and full of brilliant ideas. And working with her was a pleasure – she was always superbly organized, paid great attention to detail, and figured out ways to get things done professionally, and on time. Someone who is nice to work with and is fantastic at her job – what more could you ask of a TV producer? I wish her all the luck in the world.”